Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scratch that...

we only THOUGHT we were home... :(

Joe started having bloody diarrhea around 2 AM... was still going on by noon-ish, when I finally got him to let me call the doc(s). Dr. G, the oncologist, said to get him back down to the ER...

They're concerned about internal bleeding... either esophagal varacites... or stomach ulcers... something. Dr. G called the GI doc and his on-call came over... he's going to let them get all Joe's goodies in tonight (whole blood, platelets, antibiotics...) and then in the AM they'll take him down for an upper GI and see what they can see. The bleeding... old and new, in the diarrhea is pretty much stopped... so they may just have to treat for what was there, or what's there that the low platelets brought out. Going to be a long night...

I prepared this time... packed something to sleep in... other necessities... (tho I forgot my acid pills, my ibuprofen... and they won't give that stuff to those who aren't patients... and the gift shop was already closed by the time we got in a room and settled).

They've told us to prepare for a long night, so I'm getting ready to take my nighty-night pills... brush my teeth... get in my "jammies"... and then IF I can get them to bring me some bed stuff... Joe sleeps through everything. I know it's a lot because he feels like crap, but he's done that for forever. Me, on the other hand... Hoping I'll get SOME rest, but unlikely too much. The one light that works in here is a bright overhead. I'm going to have a horrible time come tomorrow.

Prayers appreciated.

No comments: